Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cornet

I am hoping to get a cornet for my birthday on October 30th. I have a dream of creating a family band. Ryann already plays the clarinet, Maria also can play a clarinet, I played trumpet when I was younger, Isabelle is about to start learning the flute and Bobby wants to learn to play piano and drums. This may be an issue with so many instruments with the same range. I.E. a trumpet/cornet and two clarinets, but I think it will be fun.


I am doing well in fantasy football, all things considered. 2-0 in one league and 1-1 in the other two. Wish me luck!


In case you are wondering, here is a picture of the difference between a trumpet and cornet.


From left to right: flugelhorn, trumpet and cornet
Typically trumpets are for orchestra and cornets are for jazz. The have a slightly different sound. I have heard the trumpet sound explained as brighter and the cornet sound explained as more mellow. Even though the cornet looks shorter, the actual tubing is the same length.

No comments:

Post a Comment